Level 3 Inspection & Testing
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Bunbury07
Labourer
Labourer

Level 3 Inspection & Testing

by Bunbury07 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:54 am

Anyone got any advice on which course/exam is best to get this qualification done? City & Guilds or EAL? Seem to be differences in when you can finish the exams... thanks.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Level 3 Inspection & Testing

by ericmark » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:57 am

I don't know what EAL is and likely those looking for a qualification will not have heard of it either so I would always go for C&G exam.

I remember back in 2001 when the regulations became BS7671 both myself and the other electrician working with me wanted to upgrade to the new 16th edition exam. I had an old C&G qualification but the other guy had some thing issued by the local college.

My up-grade cost half what the other guy paid as I was allowed to take short up-grade where he had to take the whole exam from scratch. When BS7671:2008 came out again I was able to take up-grade exam which was cheaper than taking the whole exam from scratch.

I have not had to upgrade my C&G2391 but who knows what will happen in the future? I think there is a easier to pass C&G2392 now but was not an option when I took the exam and practical test.

I do laugh at the level 3 tag. Both the 2391 and the 2382 are classed as level 3 but I am sure a monkey could pass the 2382 your even allowed to take book into the exam. "A" levels are also classed as level 3 and Physics and Maths "A" are quite involved yet Art "A" level was really easy.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:27 am