Levelling block paving to construct a gym
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Blockberk
Labourer
Labourer

Levelling block paving to construct a gym

by Blockberk » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:41 pm

Hello!
Long-time lurker, first-time poster...

We have block paving that goes from the drive into a carport and through the garden to a garage. Outside either end of the carport is a drain, and inside the floor is raised slightly in the middle, and slopes to each end (about 30mm drop in total from the middle to each end). We want to level the carport floor to use as a gym, as we use the garage for storage/bar and we have parking on the drive outside the carport.
After some exploratory lifting of blocks, it looks like they sit on a layer of sand that's deeper in the middle of the carport, and the sand is on a solid concrete base.
Other that it being quite time consuming as I've never done any paving before, is there anything to stop me from lifting the blocks, levelling/removing some of the sand, and re-laying them, before putting the gym floor on top? Or is this something I should get someone who knows what they're doing to do?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Levelling block paving to construct a gym

by stoneyboy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:55 pm

Hi blockberk
Do exactly as you have suggested - get a level even bed and wackerplate the blocks in place.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:39 am