Lift up Skirting Boards and Relay Laminate Floor
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

myname123
Labourer
Labourer

Lift up Skirting Boards and Relay Laminate Floor

by myname123 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:05 am

Hi

Can anyone advise if its possible to remove skirting boards, and lift up and relay laminate floor without causing any damage to the walls and the floor itself?

We had new skirting and floor layed a couple of months ago (as part of a larger refurb) and the floor has now started to lift anywhere where there is no furniture covering it. I am assuming this is going to be a result of the builders not leaving gaps around the edges between the wall and the floor. Have been waiting for the builder to come back and sort this for 3 weeks now but as lack of response I get the feeling they won't be so looks like we'll have to pay someone else to sort it.

Haven't yet consulted with another joiner as been waiting for the original to sort this but I am assuming what will need to happen is the skirting will have to come off, the floor taken up and relayed so the gaps are left and one side of the laminate may need to be cut down to leave gaps? Has anyone had to do this and if so was there much damage? Any tips on how to remove the skirting 'gently' (has been screwed in) to avoid damaging the walls as they were only replastered this year.

Ideally I'd keep chasing the original builder and not pay again but until its sorted we cant move in so now just want to get someone in asap.

Thanks in advance.

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:33 am