light fitting
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
adiecuk
Labourer
Labourer

light fitting

by adiecuk » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:32 pm

hi guys...

Im just trying to replace a ceiling rose with a light fitting, i have followed the project on this but have a problem.

When its wired up the light switch in the bedroom just trips it every time i turn it on. Its the standard wiring system I believe, three sets of wires hanging down, switch black is red etc... ay ideas what im doing wrong besides attempting it lol.
cheers
adie

adiecuk
Labourer
Labourer

by adiecuk » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:51 pm

sorted now, thanks anyway

spark mercer
Labourer
Labourer

by spark mercer » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:30 pm

hey mate right the light switch has probably been wired to the first light not to the switch which means that there is a permanent live feed to the light you can indicate this because at the switch there should be red or brown tape depending on age of the wiring indicating that the neutral is live .

so all the live at the ceiling rose go into loop apart from the switch live neutral which goes into the live side of the light!! you may have to beel it out using continueity tester's but make sure the powers of ou might get a bit of back feed from your neutral's so be carefull cheers mate

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:26 am