Light fittings
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
RobbieM
Labourer
Labourer

Light fittings

by RobbieM » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:18 pm

Hi all - 1st post so hope in the right place.

This is a really strange happening. At home, I have two spotlights - they're both controlled by a dimmer control on the wall. Let's call the lights A and B.

Yesterday, I got home to find A not working and B ok. Not having changed either before, I started to remove A to swap it for a new bulb. Result: A and B both off.

This evening I replaced both for new bulbs. Result: A now working and B off. I've tested the continuity of the bulb in B and it's fine.

I don't have the confidence to test whether there's power getting through to socket B - but it was working fine last night.

In short, it seems as if in the process of removing A, I've damaged B somehow but they're 12 feet apart! Furthermore, they're obviously in parallel because A is currently on and B off. I've had a quick look at the dimmer on the wall and it only has two wires going to it so it can't be the dimmer.

I'm at a loss and thinking of calling in an electrician. Any advice very welcome.

Cheers
Rob

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

by BLAKEY1963 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:45 pm

ROBBIEM
get your sparky in to check things over.

BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:05 am