DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Light Holder

Postby HarryC » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:26 am

I am trying to replace Bakelite SBC/B15 light holders, the holder I require have a long full threaded skirt and a 10mm threaded entry, either Bakelite or brass, could anyone suggest a supplier, I live in Hamilton Scotland.
I would really appreciate any help I could get, Thanks HarryC.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:45 am


Simply Build It

Postby kbrownie » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:09 pm

You could try maplins, but does it need to be this type of fitting?
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 1995
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:36 pm

Postby bd3cc » Fri May 01, 2009 8:47 pm

Any electrical wholesaler will have a replacement fitting or adapters, although i suspect from your description i suspect that you may have to settle for a lampholder with integral switch, as used in table lamps.
Take a sample of what you want into your nearest wholesaler, and ask them.
Mid/late morning is a good time, as all the pros are working and you may get better attention.
Rank: Foreman
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:02 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics