Light permanently on-cannot switch from switch
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sparkydelux
Tradesman
Tradesman

Light permanently on-cannot switch from switch

by Sparkydelux » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:03 pm

Hi,

Just finished a new build house when my final item I had to do seemed to have taken away my glory of complete success.

I have an external light which is running off a JB (now concealed between new floor/carpet and a new cieling.I cannot get to it as you can imagine because the client has moved in and will not under go any further works.

I was certain I had done it all right but I must have been having a bad day.

Anyway,In a nut shell.Light outside is permanently on.I have 2 cables (initially for the switch) which are doing nothing.Tested the switch for voltage at both Phase and neutral to earth to see if there was some juice on them.Nothing.

So I have a light permanently on which cannot be switched,that I cannot access the JB and the client looking for an answer to resolve.

I've been scratching my head so much i'm virtually bald!!!!

Please could someone help me on a resolution or solution?

I have a last minute resort of using a lux level switch and PIR to switch the item on with movement but ultimately I'd like them to have control of the light where initially agreed.

I look forward to your response,

Regards.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:54 am

Hi, now you know why regs state all screw connections must be available for inspection!, sorry but don't know easy way out
regards SParx

333rocky333
Ganger
Ganger

by 333rocky333 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:04 pm

where did you three plate the wiring in the light or the j/b.

If you have only took the live supply from the j/b and your saying the light is permenently on, then you will not need to access the j/b as the problem is elsewhere

where have you two wires doing nothing,do you mean there not connected.

why have you got a neutral at the switch are you wiring it double pole

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:17 pm