Lighting gone wrong!!!!
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
chwpoole
Labourer
Labourer

Lighting gone wrong!!!!

by chwpoole » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:54 pm

Hi, don't know if anyone can help me but here goes. I walked into my downstairs bathroom yesterday morning, switched the lights on and bulb in the light blew. I then noticed that the lights in my office and the kids playroom had also gone. Strangley though the 3 wall lights in the hallway are still working. The fuse didn't blow and I can't seem to see any blown cables anwhere but I can't understand why the hall lights still work!!! The hall, office, playroom and bathroom all work off the same fuse. I have checked all other light fittings but not the wall switches.

If anyone has any suggestions where to start looking they would be most appreciated?

Best regards

Warren

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Lighting gone wrong!!!!

by BLAKEY1963 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:54 pm

[quote="chwpoole"]Hi, don't know if anyone can help me but here goes. I walked into my downstairs bathroom yesterday morning, switched the lights on and bulb in the light blew. I then noticed that the lights in my office and the kids playroom had also gone. Strangley though the 3 wall lights in the hallway are still working. The fuse didn't blow and I can't seem to see any blown cables anwhere but I can't understand why the hall lights still work!!! The hall, office, playroom and bathroom all work off the same fuse. I have checked all other light fittings but not the wall switches.

If anyone has any suggestions where to start looking they would be most appreciated?

Best regards

Warren[/quote]

Warren
if you have checked all lights for connections and there r no signs of problems , then check light switches , if no sign of a problem u need
to get in an electrcian to test wiring, confirm where feeds are going, and
check for faults ,with the nessecery test gear
BLAKEY1963

stariq
Labourer
Labourer

by stariq » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:55 pm

hi,

how old is your house? Do you have an isolater switch outside your bathroom? if so check the fuse (if its a spur type)

mine did exctly the same found the fuse blown on the spur.

hope this helps

stariq

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:51 pm