LIGHTS NOT WORKING...HELP PLEASE
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ninja1971
Labourer
Labourer

LIGHTS NOT WORKING...HELP PLEASE

Post by ninja1971 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:15 pm

Hi,last night my kitchen spots,and my downstairs toilet,sitting room,and outside light,and security light have all stopped working.I put the spots up in the kitchen when we moved in NOV.The trips are ok.I tried the toilet light this morning and i noticed that the bulb was flickering...So i changed it,but still none of the rooms are working.Any ideas or have i got to call an Electrician... :(
The toilet light is a bit wobbly....Loose connection or ???

Many thanks.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by kbrownie » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:35 pm

Hi ninja1971,
Check the ceiling rose connections in the toilet light as you said light flickering and wobbly. Could be loose cable in terminal connection block.
What happens in a loop in circuit is that if a cable suppling live feed, becomes loose it will knock out all lights on the circuit after that light and sometimes that light also, so if it is not that one could be the light fitting prior to that on the circuit. Which could be any of the mentioned in your post or maybe one that is working. But toilet best place to start.
Remember to be safe and isolate live supply to lights.
Good Luck
KB

ninja1971
Labourer
Labourer

UPDATE

Post by ninja1971 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:20 pm

Just to let you know that i checked the wiring in the toilet,and the kitchen lights and their switches,and all seems ok.Any help appreciated.

stu

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by kbrownie » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 am

Hi ninja1971,
chect the rest of the lights on this circuit, just because the light is working does not mean the fault can not be at that fitting but try the fittings that are not working first and confirm that it is a loop in system (this means it should have at least 2 black cables, 2 red cables and 2 earths but more likely to have 3 of each type coming out of the ceiling)
KB

ninja1971
Labourer
Labourer

electrics

Post by ninja1971 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:08 pm

Thanks for the advice KB.Found the problem it was a loose connection in one of the other rooms.Many thanks again.We have Liight! :)

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:37 pm