Lightweight Concrete Fence Posts for 6 Panel Decorative Fence
Post your questions and find answers on all garden related topics and areas

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
grajay
Labourer
Labourer

Lightweight Concrete Fence Posts for 6 Panel Decorative Fence

by grajay » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:21 am

New to this forum so I searched to make sure there weren't posts already on this subject.

I'm about to put in a 6 panel decorative fence and my eye was drawn to adverts for lightweight concrete fence posts. I went to a local builders merchants who do indeed stock Grange Litecast concrete fence posts, but a lot of them in their yard were cracked and looked dodgy - I assumed they'd been mishandled in some way. I was assured that I wouldn't receive cracked posts when/if I ordered.

The advantages are clear in that they will be a lot lighter to manoeuvre into place so I was wondering what experiences others have had using them. Are they as strong as conventional concrete posts? Do they crack more readily?

Many thanks in advance.

Graham

thedoctor

Re: Lightweight Concrete Fence Posts for 6 Panel Decorative Fence

by thedoctor » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:27 pm

We have to be honest here Graham and say that none of us have ever used Litecast.....However the technology is sound and there should be no reason at all why they do not function just as well as ordinary concrete posts or panels.

Hers an idea for you. B&Q (many stores) stock Grange Litecast as do many Jewsons and you can enter your post code here to find other outlets here http://www.grangefen.co.uk/distSearch.php

Do a bit of secret shopping and check their stocks for damage. If you hang about for a bit and wait for someone who is clearly a tradesman to come along and start loading some into their van, ask them if they use them a lot and how they have found them to do the job. Most tradesmen are happy to offer their expertise in situations like this but dont be surprised if they offer to quote for the job!

grajay
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Lightweight Concrete Fence Posts for 6 Panel Decorative Fence

by grajay » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:53 am

Thanks for the reply. I must confess that the ones I saw locally had so much damage that it put me off completely. I've now decided to go the conventional route and use the heavy jobbers :)

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:45 am