limed oak kitchen renovation
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Aileen Galt
Labourer
Labourer

limed oak kitchen renovation

Post by Aileen Galt » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:54 pm

I have a limed oak kitchen about 15 years old, badly needing help. I love it and don't want to replace it, but how can I restore the wood to its former glory?

julie smith
Labourer
Labourer

Re: limed oak kitchen renovation

Post by julie smith » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:33 am

[quote="Aileen Galt"]I have a limed oak kitchen about 15 years old, badly needing help. I love it and don't want to replace it, but how can I restore the wood to its former glory?[/quote]

I have just retored my limed oak kitchen. after hours of wondering what I could do I tried this and it worked so well, had to share it
using a small soft sponge and some white emulsion paint, dip the sponge into the paint rub it gently over the doors, let it dry slightly then wipe of with a damp cloth. repeat if nessesary
the warn area like cornice over extractor hood site may need more than one coat
cover next day with a quite drying clear matt varnish.

banshee33
Labourer
Labourer

Post by banshee33 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:56 am

Has anyone used this method on pine furniture. I want lime wash look but all products seem only to point to ash or oak.

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:11 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:01 pm