limited pressure to hot water on first floor after switching heating on
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

millerc3405
Labourer
Labourer

limited pressure to hot water on first floor after switching heating on

by millerc3405 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:49 pm

I recently had some work done to my house since moving in and had a couple of radiators removed from rooms which was replaced with electric under floor heating and added a couple of radiators to a new utility and toilet. All changes were on the ground floor. a couple of months after finishing the job and the colder weather has come in so the heating is now on. Since then I have suffered from no pressure on my hot water taps upstairs and reduced pressure on the ground floor. The heating is fine and boiler pressure ok. I don't have a combination boiler. The only way I can rectify the situation is by putting my hand over the bathroom tap and turning it on. I can hear bubbles in the header tank in the loft. Situation resolved for an period until it happens again. Anyone got any ideas what the problem might be and how I can permanently rectify without incurring call out costs for a plumber to look at it? Any advice really appreciated.