DIY Doctor

Main navigation


Postby csjs20 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:34 am

hi i have a old cottage that has no cavitys, above 2 small windows are congrete lintels, my question is can i replace these with some other form of lintel so i can put a soldier course of bricks on the outside rather than seeing these ugly concrete lintels..................if so which lintel do i need to get (remember this is a old house with lime morter brick work and no cavity)

thanks in advance to any help given
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 am


Simply Build It

Postby Steve the gas » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:29 am

Hi csjs20,

I believe, if you replace it with a "catnic" lintel they have a tray design which sits in the outer leaf of the brick work so you could lay a row on that.I would confirm this at a good builders merchant.


Steve the gas
Rank: Site Agent
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 780
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 7:07 am

Postby TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:49 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!
Posts: 1381
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics