listed walled garden and house
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
margaret48
Labourer
Labourer

listed walled garden and house

by margaret48 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:07 pm

Hello,

I wondered if there is any building regulation that if a new build house is built on a piece of land outside our listed walled garden that it had to be a specific distance away from the listed wall.

The wall surrounds the property and is included with the house as a catagory B. I am in Scotland I don't know if the building regs are different in other parts of the country.

Any advice would be most welcome.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:08 pm

margaret48,
Listing generally applies to the whole of your property including the garden. You will have to talk to your local listed buildings officer to get a ruling on what you propose.
end

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:19 pm

Regs in Scotland are different to England and wales I'm afraid so difficult to help you from darn sarf!

However, I'm guessing this new house has received planning permission and if it has there's a more than reasonable chance that its proximity to your listed wall was considered.

I reckon your best bet is to contact your local Planning people and have a chat.

Cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1