Localised Ceiling Condensation Issue
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
LeeM
Labourer
Labourer

Localised Ceiling Condensation Issue

Post by LeeM » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:31 am

Hi there,
Its another condensation issue I'm afraid. Also I have low to no building / DIY experience so apologies for the poor terminology in this post

Basically I am redecorating my master bedroom and I have a ceiling which, towards a bay window, steps down about a foot. Now in the past two days we've had some real cold weather where I am and we have had the heating on all day and night for the past two days. Normally we have the heating on from 4am till 8am and then 5pm till 10pm.

Now I have noticed that in the corner of the ceiling where it drops down towards the Bay window there is a puddle of condensation that runs the length of the ceiling and is about a foot in width. I would almost say that the condensation area is in the shadow of the step in the ceiling.

Both parts of the ceiling (the main area and the step down in front of the bay) are plaster, the windows are double glazed, the walls are brick, but all sides have either another house or another room attached and there are no air bricks.

The loft insulation above the ceiling has two layers of standard fibreglass.

To me it seems that I need some kind of air ventilation in the ceiling where the condensation is collecting but before I go doing that I thought I'd check in with people who know what they're talking about ;)

Any and all advice greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

dcmoore
Ganger
Ganger

free advice

Post by dcmoore » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:55 pm

Take a look at any one of our damp projects and ring the phone number for Property Repair Systems. They give free, no obligation advice and we recommend them. They will tell you what you need to do (if anything) and will also be able to supply you with anything you need to do it with but will certainly not try to sell you anything you don't need

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:51 pm