Locking and Internal Door without adjusting leaf
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
samcady
Labourer
Labourer

Locking and Internal Door without adjusting leaf

Post by samcady » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:34 pm

Hi,

I'm new here so sorry if this isn't the best place for this question.

I am looking for advice on installing a lock on an internal door without adjusting the leaf, as I am renting but want to be able to lock my office.

Currently the door has Zoo Architectural hardware lever handles with (what I think is) a 74mm deep, 57mm back set Zoo latch. I've attached a pictures of the existing hardware and holes in the leaf. I'd like to be able to install some sort of lock without adjusting the leaf or, if this isn't possible make the least adjustment possible. As I am renting I don't want to cause too many issues when I move out...and I have limited tools.

I bought a thumbturn with a key on one side, but annoyingly this needs a 38mm diam hole in the door to be able to turn over property, so I'd have to make quite a big adjustment in the door for the latch to fit. As the existing holes are just big enough for the lever rod.

I thought perhaps something like a Hotel Knob (a knob with a small lock on?) might work but any thoughts and suggestions welcome.

Sam

One.jpg

2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Locking and Internal Door without adjusting leaf

Post by stoneyboy » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:32 pm

Hi samcady
Do a search on the internet for lever handle with integral lock. You may have to refit the old handles when you leave because there does not appear to be any black locking handles.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:07 am