Loft Electric Install
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ElectricVirgin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Loft Electric Install

by ElectricVirgin » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:20 pm

Hello , I am new to the world of electrics and have a question regarding installation of two maybe three double sockets in my loft and a lighting circuit to. Would it ok to spur of the immersion heater power up into the loft using a mcb/rcd ? Any thoughts would be grately appreciated on this, thank you.

ericmark

by ericmark » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:47 am

Strictly speaking no. Fixed appliances should have there own supply. Personally it would depend of why you want sockets in loft? I have stretched the rules to fit aerial boosters. But to tell you to break rules without knowing what you intend would be irresponsible of me. Much is down to common sense is if you are new then hard to judge so I would ask an electrician for on site guidance. All electrics should be tested and if you assist the electrician then he would also test it and ensure nothing goes wrong. I am sure you have seem references to Part P if not read the projects in this forum you will see how hard it is without getting an electrician on site.

ElectricVirgin
Apprentice
Apprentice

loft electrics

by ElectricVirgin » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:13 pm

Thanks for the reply regarding my ques about taking a feed of the immersion heater into the loft. The sockets to be installed in the loft are to feed a computer/printer and eventually a train set. I guessed that drawing a feed from the immersion wouldn't be the correct thing to do.

ElectricVirgin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Loft Electrics

by ElectricVirgin » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:51 pm

Can I come of the upstairs sockets ringmain and spur a couple of sockets in the loft? . Would I need to fuse the extra sockets? Plus I want to put lights up there to so any ideas would be very much appreciated

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:18 pm