Loft Hatch Hinges
Post your questions and get answers concerning many areas of this subject

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
peteyg
Labourer
Labourer

Loft Hatch Hinges

by peteyg » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:28 pm

Can someone please tell me what type of hinges I need to allow a loft hatch (20mm MDF) to swing downwards.

The hatch currently rests on an edge in the middle of the recess and has to be lifted up to gain access to the loft. You need a step ladder to get access to the hatch and then pull yourself into the loft. I am fitting a loft ladder so I need to be able to open the hatch without needing another ladder.

I can fit the hatch flush with the ceiling if that makes things easier...

Cheers,

Pete

dean7231
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Loft Hatch Hinges

by dean7231 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:26 am

[quote="peteyg"]Can someone please tell me what type of hinges I need to allow a loft hatch (20mm MDF) to swing downwards.

The hatch currently rests on an edge in the middle of the recess and has to be lifted up to gain access to the loft. You need a step ladder to get access to the hatch and then pull yourself into the loft. I am fitting a loft ladder so I need to be able to open the hatch without needing another ladder.

I can fit the hatch flush with the ceiling if that makes things easier...

Cheers,

Pete[/quote]

what you need is a small hurlhinge or flush hinge,a local cabinet ironmonger should have these. but without seing a diagram i wouldnt know if it will fit ok.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:41 pm

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:59 pm