loft on-sweet conversion wc shower ect planning or regs
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
clobber
Labourer
Labourer

loft on-sweet conversion wc shower ect planning or regs

by clobber » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:29 pm

I live in a upstairs flat and I have a large loft room, im considering putting in a on-sweet, shower and sink, maybe a W/C. do I need planning for this, I own the leasehold of the flat, also is this structal as on my lease it states I can’t make structal changes

ady1
Labourer
Labourer

by ady1 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:01 pm

The work may be structural. The roof timbers may not be of sufficient strength to support the additional weight of a habitable room and require strengthening.

Planning permission is most likley necessary and Building Regulations approval will certainly be needed.

I would suggest you speak to you local building control and planning offier at your district council and engage a surveyor / engineer to check the structural implications of your intended work

eljaybee
Ganger
Ganger

by eljaybee » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:09 pm

Even without the structural issues, Building Regulations approval will be required as the en-suite appliances are concidered as a "controlled appliance" and the installation of new fitting in a new location requires approval

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1