Log/Mutli Fuel stoves
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
justwannabewarm
Labourer
Labourer

Log/Mutli Fuel stoves

Post by justwannabewarm » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:09 am

Hi... anybody....!
I have an open fire with a chimney, checked and in working order. I have bought a multi fuel stove with an exemption certificate for smokeless zones. (NG6). I would like to keep the open fire to use very occasionally, and, as it's quite a big L shaped room, to have the stove installed too. I find you can easily buy these stoves/woodburners, but have great difficulty getting them installed.
My first question is: can I still have my open fire with a chimney [i]and[/i] my stove with a flue in this same room?

steveo2463
Labourer
Labourer

Post by steveo2463 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:31 pm

Yes you can have both in same room however you will require an air vent for the open fire and probably one for stove. I am presuming you need to have a twin wall flue or another chimney installed for the stove in which case I would advise you to Goolge "woodburners.co.uk" and their flue range or advise line.

SimplyAC
Labourer
Labourer

Post by SimplyAC » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:32 pm

The poor guy has been sat in a freezing cold room for 2 winters while waiting for that response ;)

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1