Loo, Basin And Shower In Smallest En-Suite Space Possible
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
JimHudd
Labourer
Labourer

Loo, Basin And Shower In Smallest En-Suite Space Possible

Post by JimHudd » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:41 pm

I've got a large bedroom I want to section off part of as an en-suite shower room. The space I'm looking at is about 1650 x 760 (interior dimensions, and width could go to 900) which is not going to house a loo, basin and shower enclosure, and be usable. I could get more length but that would mean moving a door frame so I'd like opinions on whether the following could be viable. Tile the entire room and make it wet room. Have a drain hole at one corner for the shower water and fit as small a loo and basin as I can get at the opposite end from the shower head. I'd have a lip at the bottom of the door to stop the water running out and then use something like a shower door as the actual room door. I'd devise something clever to keep the loo roll dry! :-)

Anyone done anything similar or got any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Jim.

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Loo, Basin And Shower In Smallest En-Suite Space Possible

Post by proptech » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:05 am

Hi Jim
Just an opinion, but I think you may find it very difficult with the sizes you suggest. the last one I did was approx. 2400x1200, and that seemed tight.
I'd use an outward opening conventional door for the room, a shower door is going to look so wrong.
How about getting some dimensions from suppliers, and setting it all out on paper. Or even laying some bits of wood on the floor to mark the perimeter and laying down some paper templates, just to get an idea.

JimHudd
Labourer
Labourer

Post by JimHudd » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:34 pm

Thanks Proptech. Physically it will all fit. I'm allowing 760 width as that's the width of a compact shower enclosure. On the length of 1650 I'm allowing 1000 for the cistern, pan and occupant. The basin will be a small cloakroom style and be set at about 800 from the wall the loo is against. With the whole floor as the shower tray I think it would work although I agree it's snug. If I move the door I could get 2100 x 760 (or 900) so I'm thinking I might move the door frame anyway.
Do you have any thoughts about having it as a wet room?

Cheers,
Jim.

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

Post by proptech » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:30 am

I'm glad it'll all go in, providing the plumbing doesn't cause problems. The wet room suggestion seems ideal to me in that confined space.
Perhaps one day someone will invent waterproof toilet paper.

JimHudd
Labourer
Labourer

Post by JimHudd » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:06 am

I think waterproof toilet roll already exists - the councils used to use it in public loos when I was a kid! One side scratched your backside to pieces and the other side was shiny and completely frictionless (and useless)!!!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:08 am