DIY Doctor

Looking for an Old Favourite Tool for Smoothing Putty

Postby Mikey1955 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:12 pm

Hi folks.
I am new to the forum so I hope that someone out there will be able to help.
Over 30 or so, years ago! I used to have a brilliant tool which was perfect for smoothing in newly applied putty.
The only way I describe it is that it was a triangular shaped piece of plastic, with which you gripped in the centre.
When viewed from above, the three edges of the triangle were slightly curved and the sides of the tool were angled to suit the profile of the finished putty.
I found that this was absolutely brilliant in achieving a perfect finish to the putty,
especially into the corners
Does anyone else out there remember this simple but clever tool, and if so, do they still exist and where can I get one from ?

Thanks for reading my request.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:47 am


Simply Build It

Postby thedoctor » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:28 am

Wow, never seen one but please, please, if anyone out there can provide pictures or brand names please do post, we will be waiting for the answer as eagerly as you !!#

If you run out of patience and decide to just use a putty knife like the rest of us mere mortals, you can get a great one here for £4 (December 2015) ... -38mm.html
Posts: 2528
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:15 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics