Loss of heating due to high winds, but not direct damage.
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Loss of heating due to high winds, but not direct damage.

by ericmark » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:59 pm

I have geofencing set up, so automatic when I leave the house central heating turns down, there is also a built in PIR so anyone else in the house walking past the thermostat will switch off the Eco mode, but don't need to think about it, it is all automatic.

Last night told the EE mast was damaged in the wind, and EE phones not working, but did not think about it.

This morning cold, so stayed in bed, until finally decided must take a look, thermostat showed 16ºC warming to 18ºC in the hall, thought oh boiler must have tripped out, however when I went out to look, it was running, went into flat under house to check but all seemed A1.

Returning to main house not 16.5ºC so clearly warming up, but why was it so cold?

The it dawned on me, EE mast down so central heating unaware I had returned home last night, so unless I walk past the thermostat and the built in PIR detects me, it turns down heating to Eco mode as the geofencing thinks I am not home.