loss of hot water pressure/flow
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
JEZMAN1971
Labourer
Labourer

loss of hot water pressure/flow

Post by JEZMAN1971 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:47 pm

i have a baxi 105e combi boiler and have suddenly lost pressure fom the tap. iwas using a mixer shower head which was great now its pants resulting in scalding water and when i add cold to adjust temp the boiler turns off. ive replaced the pump,bled the radiators and the guage pressure reads 1.75 bar as expected.i also checked the cold feed filters which were clear anybody help before i have to bite the bullet and call an expensive plumber out?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:33 pm

why have you replaced the pump ? the loss of water pressure will probably be something to do with the cold supply to the boiler,

what's the cold water pressure like ?

what's the hot water pressure like to the taps, if they're ok, then the problem is with the shower.

is the mains cold water supply isolation valve fully open ? (under the boiler)

is the mains stop tap fully open ?

i'll watch for your reply.

JEZMAN1971
Labourer
Labourer

Post by JEZMAN1971 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:40 am

well i managed to get hold of one,i know flow and pressure are different but thought i,d try!(aircraft engineer, no help though!) stop cock fully open,cold water seems the same pressure in the hot water tap not as high as it was but still strong ,the cold supply tap is fully open!

thanx

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:25 pm

If the hot tap pressure is ok, sounds like a problem with the shower, not the boiler or water supply.

Remove the shower head and see what the pressure is like coming through the shower hose, if its better then the shower head may be blocked and can be cleaned.

If the pressure is still the same then there'll be a filter in the shower which can be cleaned, or there's a blockage in the shower.

JEZMAN1971
Labourer
Labourer

Post by JEZMAN1971 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:30 pm

its just a tap mixer with shower head on it ! when i have a shower it heats the radiators up too even when the heating is off! is there a valve that switches water from heating to water supply?

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:56 am