Loss of pressure in combi boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tonyg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Loss of pressure in combi boiler

by tonyg » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi I need help!!!!
My combi boiler needs pressurising daily,I assume a water leak somewhere?
Is there a way of finding where the leak is (no visible leaks seen), can I isolate the boiler to determine if the leak is within the boiler or in the pipe/radiator run? I don't want to get a new boiler only to find the problem is in the pipework
Many thanks for any help

aceone
Tradesman
Tradesman

by aceone » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:19 pm

hi.............have you checked the preasure releif valve that vents outside......i guss its NOT a condensing boiler?

swidders
Ganger
Ganger

by swidders » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:35 pm

not sure if you can isolate the boiler without having to cut into the pipes. depending on how confident you are at reforming the joints aterwards. but if you are ok at soldering, then you need to identify which pipes from the boiler are for central heating, cut them, blank one end and use a pressure testing kit on the pipework to work out if it is the pipework or the boiler.

if it turns out to be the pipework, then since you cannot see any water anywhere, then it will be below your ground floor since this will be the oly place that water can ecape without being visible - in which case it's up with carpets and floorboards...

if its the boiler then you can't touch this and will have to get a pro in.

tonyg
Apprentice
Apprentice

by tonyg » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:57 pm

Hi
Yes I have - no leak!
And you're right it isn't a condensing boiler
Thanks for your reply

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1