LOW ENERGY BULBS IN, NOW NO LIGHTS WORK EXCEPT ONE!
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
deans@rubycon.plus.com
Labourer
Labourer

LOW ENERGY BULBS IN, NOW NO LIGHTS WORK EXCEPT ONE!

by deans@rubycon.plus.com » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:16 pm

:( I DID JUST MY BIY AND BOUGHT LOW ENERGY LIGHTBULBS AND THE UPSTAIRS LIGHTS ARE NOW APART FROM THE FIRST ONE ABOVE THE FUSEBOOK! THEY WERE FINE ON THE FIRST NOIGHT EXCEPT THE ONE AT FAR END OF HOUSE FLICKERED AT FIRST, SECOND NIGHT TURNED A SECOND UPSTAIRS LIGHT ON AND DARKNESS PREVAILED. FUSE WIRE WAS INTACT BUT CHANGED JUST IN CASE, THEN ALL OKAY. 6AM THIS MORNING AFTER NIGHT OF ONE LIGHT LEFT ON, TURNED ANOTHER LIGHT ON AND HEY PRESTO DARK AGAIN. FUSE WIRE INTACT, BUT NO LIGHTS EXCEPT FIRST ON PROBABLY IN RING. OLD BULBS ,NEW BULBS NO OTHER LIGHT NOW COMES ON!

PLEASE HELP, IT DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE! SURELY I DON'T NEED AN ELECTRICIAN TO SORT THIS ONE?! AM I MISSING THE PLOT SOMEWHERE?

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:14 pm

Hi, sounds like loose connections in fitting some where, turn off cicuit [pull fuse] check all connections in ceiling roses for tightness, especially if you changed fittings as well as lamps.
If nothing found then gonna need test gear & someone who knows how to use it im afraid, regards SPARX

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:37 pm