Low Mains Water Pressure - Installing Combi Boiler to get Good Pressure From Mains for Shower
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
stephenfarrant
Labourer
Labourer

Low Mains Water Pressure - Installing Combi Boiler to get Good Pressure From Mains for Shower

by stephenfarrant » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:13 am

Hi, I am thinking about having an oil combi boiler put in so that I get good pressure from the mains for my shower. A concern of mine is that the cold water mains pressure doesn't seem very powerful. If I have the sprinkler on in the garden and I turn the cold water on in the kitchen, I can see the sprinkler drop to a very light sprinkle. Same goes if we have the washing machine on, other areas in the house drop pressure. I thought this shouldn't happen from mains pressure. We had a gas combi in our previous house about 2 years ago and this was brilliant. Hope someone can help. Best regards.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Low Mains Water Pressure - Installing Combi Boiler to get Good Pressure From Mains for Shower

by htg engineer » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:03 am

If you have low water pressure or flow then you'll never get a good shower off a combi boiler. You'd be best going for stored hot water.

Are your neighbours the same? if not try renewing your mains stop tap as there could be a slight blockage or the valve might be jammed.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1