low pressure to newly installed hot tap
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
garyjohn
Labourer
Labourer

low pressure to newly installed hot tap

by garyjohn » Mon May 10, 2010 5:43 am

Just installed en-suite and taken feed to new sink hot tap by t-joint from existing hot pipe running to bathroom taps from water tank in airing cupboard on same floor. Used 22m pipe but run under floorboards to ensuite adjacent to existing bathroom, approx run of 12feet. Everything is on same level ie first floor landing. Problem is the pressure from new hot tap is so low, not exactly a trickle but enough to annoy the missus.
What have I done wrong? Can I rectify?
Thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue May 11, 2010 9:18 pm

garyjohn,
If the tap out in the ensuite is at the same level as the tap outlet in the bathroom then you probably have an air lock in the new pipework.
end

ukbill
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: low pressure to newly installed hot tap

by ukbill » Sun May 16, 2010 12:59 pm

[quote="garyjohn"]Just installed en-suite and taken feed to new sink hot tap by t-joint from existing hot pipe running to bathroom taps from water tank in airing cupboard on same floor. Used 22m pipe but run under floorboards to ensuite adjacent to existing bathroom, approx run of 12feet. Everything is on same level ie first floor landing. Problem is the pressure from new hot tap is so low, not exactly a trickle but enough to annoy the missus.
What have I done wrong? Can I rectify?
Thanks[/quote]
it sounds like a air lock just try to fit a hose across the hot and cold tap then bast the water through them hopefully this will clear the airlock

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:17 pm