Low pressure water after full heating and mains water system install
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Agron
Labourer
Labourer

Low pressure water after full heating and mains water system install

by Agron » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:33 pm

Hi guys, I just installed new heating system from the scratch including new boiler, pipes everything from main water supply to the radiators. However my house is under refurbishment process and I haven't got no bathroom or kitchen taps, apart from two garden taps front and back. When job was done radiators were tested and worked fine appart from two which they needed bleeding i been told.
Now when I check the tap in back garden the pressure is low the front one which is next to main supply pipe is a bit better not excellent. The size of the pipe from main supply to boiler is 15 mm. Could this be the issue or what can cause low pressure water in my house. I am scared now as after I install bathroom and kitchen my pressure will be low and can't use water.
I checked water pressure on main water supply pipe and to me it seems very good. Please help what can I do before I install everything in my house and have to take off kitchen and everything to update pipes or whatever.
Thank you

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Low pressure water after full heating and mains water system install

by stoneyboy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:03 pm

Hi agron
If you have fitted a combi boiler it is very unlikely that the 15mm supply pipe will be adequate.
Regards S

Agron
Labourer
Labourer

by Agron » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:19 am

Hi mate, thank you very much for the reply.
So what do you recommend should I just update the pipe from main supply to boiler 22mm or does it need updated anywhere else as well as all my property is done on 15mm pipes. Thanks again.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:41 pm

Hi agron
You will need to upgrade the pipe from the water board main into your house to a point where you have more than one 15mm feed. Probably where the mains split to feed the boiler and the cold taps.
Regards S

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:05 am