low water pressure
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Gordywatt
Labourer
Labourer

low water pressure

Post by Gordywatt » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:56 pm

Is it possible to fit an rhp pump before hot water cylinder?

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:38 pm

It depends upon what type of cylinder and system you have, but the answer is probably no, but then that is a guess.

Gordywatt
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Gordywatt » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:17 pm

[quote="plumbbob"]It depends upon what type of cylinder and system you have, but the answer is probably no, but then that is a guess.[/quote]
hi it's an indirect hot water cylinder i was wanting to get rid of tank into loft but don't have enough head of water in cws tank to keep pump running for any length of time.Is there any way i could get round this?

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:00 pm

Basically the cws tank HAS to be higher than the cylinder for various reasons.

There has to be an expansion pipe from the cylinder top into the cws tank to accommodate expanding water as it heats, and to allow steam to escape should the system boil. This in itself would make fitting of a pump very difficult particularly as the water level in the tank would be lower than the cylinder.

To be honest, I don't see anyway round the problem without converting to an unvented system. (New tank and controls.)

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:01 pm

Incidentally, why do you want to move the cylinder anyway? It wont improve water pressure if thats what you are trying to improve.

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

Post by Steve the gas » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:41 am

Yep put a combi in!!

Gordywatt
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Gordywatt » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:06 pm

[quote="plumbbob"]Incidentally, why do you want to move the cylinder anyway? It wont improve water pressure if thats what you are trying to improve.[/quote] Hot and cold water tanks were in bathroom and taking up quite a bit of space. They were needing to be replaced anyway as they were the original fittings. Don't want to relace boiler as it is only two years old. What type of tank would i need for an unvented system?

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:29 pm