All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
saurus
Labourer
Labourer

Low Water Pressure

by saurus » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:23 pm

Hi
I have an electric shower (Mira Sport) in my bathroom that seems to suffer from intermittent low water pressure (mainly in the mornings) - this is indicated by the low pressure warning light coming on - the main way I seem to be able to get some sort of shower is to increase the temperature control and / or reduce to half power setting. The basin and bath cold taps don't seem to be affected very much by the drop in pressure.

The incoming cold supply downstairs is governed by a pressure valve - would it be wise for me to increase the incoming pressure?

The valve is marked "SYR" (a brass / gunmetal type body with a black plastic housing projecting from the side - on the end of this housing is a dark blue serrated knob / cap that appears to be secured through the end with a brass screw) . What would be the correct procedure to adjust the valve?

Thanks
Saurus

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:52 pm

i have a similar problem but only when someone else uses a tap or if the washing machine is on, you could try increasing the water pressure to the shower, because mains cold water pressure could have been affected if the water board are working in the area. Could be limescale build up in the shower causing a lack in pressure. try to establish if the cold water inlet has a filter fitted

saurus
Labourer
Labourer

Low Water Pressure

by saurus » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:07 pm

Hi
I've removed the shower control assembly and there is no evidence of limescale inside anywhere.
I've just used the shower tonight with no other water being used anywhere - still the same problem!
Our local water board is doing some mains improvement work about 3 miles away - I'm not sure if we are even linked to the same supply.
We have no inlet filter unit fitted.

Any ideas on the pressure valve adjustment?? Clockwise or anti, how much or just suck it and see?

Cheers again
Saurus

oldie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Low Water Pressure

by oldie » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:36 am

SYR PRV

Probably a type 312 from RWC - Reliance Water

Check out website at rwc.co.uk

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:49 am