Low water volume in bathroom and want to install decent shower
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
philed06
Labourer
Labourer

Low water volume in bathroom and want to install decent shower

by philed06 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:54 pm

Hi everyone, I really hope someone can help, I'll try and explain as best as possible. At the moment I have a combi boiler fitted in my bathroom which is fed from a single mains feed cold water supply, this feed also supplies the electric shower and the bathroom cold taps. When the boiler was fitted the plumber fitted a lead lock 15mm adaptor at the incoming main, so in effect the whole house is fed from this single 15mm supply, which generally is ok but I want a decent shower fitted and one that isn't affected by someone turning on a tap or flushing the loo. Obviously the amount of water isn't enough at the bathroom. I really want to know which is the best way forward, do I fit a cold water tank and have it pumped to an electric shower or thermostatic mixer/power shower or do I try and get more water up to the bathroom(which would be extremely difficult). I understand that fitting a thermostatic or power shower with a tank is a bit of a no no because of the pressure difference. Please help someone!

thedoctor

Re: Low water volume in bathroom and want to install decent shower

by thedoctor » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:21 am

See our page on choosing the correct shower Phil

https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/diy-how-to-type/shower.htm

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:47 pm