LPA Parking Standards and Car Parking Space
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

mph64
Labourer
Labourer

LPA Parking Standards and Car Parking Space

by mph64 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:00 pm

Hi,
LPA Parking Standards say I have to retain 3 off-street car parking spaces following any extension I might add. To meet this requirement means I have included a new double garage down the side of the house but projecting forward of the existing building line. (The house is a funny shape so that is not an issue Planning have indicated).

However this means that there is now a 3.3m x 5.0m area of hard standing immediately outside the front door which is bounded on 2 sides by brick walls.

This is large enough to comply with the requirements of a car parking space, giving me the 3 I need for Planning. However will I fall foul of Building Regs requirents relating to fire safety and access? if I park a car there it means that there is a walkway 500mm between the car and brick walls and a 450 mm clear space between the front of the car and the front door of the house.

Any comments gratefully received,

Thanks