Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MoreP
Labourer
Labourer

Macerator Waste Advice for Downstairs Bedroom En-Suite

by MoreP » Sun May 02, 2021 5:05 pm

Hi

So I am adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom and have to install a macerator. I will be using the SaniPlus Up.

I was trying to get a professional macerator fitter but can't get anyone in the time frame (in the next 10 days) so I am trying to fit the waste piping from the macerator. Everything else is in place and ready to go.

Looking at the macerator manual, it has either a 22mm, 28mm or a 32mm optional waste out. Obviously, the smaller diameter, it will be easier to run the pipe in the house so I do want to go 22mm for the vertical run and then change it then.

My questions:

1. If I use the 22mm from the Saniflo, is that copper or plastic (non-flexible?)
2. From the 22mm, after the vertical run, should I then change to 32mm or 40mm? I couldn't find an adapter off google or the main supplier that does that, is it not standard?
3. Is it better to run a 32mm from the saniflo, and then just keep it 32mm all the way to the soil stack? if so, again, is that copper or plastic?

Thanks again

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Macerator Waste Advice for Downstairs Bedroom En-Suite

by stoneyboy » Mon May 03, 2021 9:42 pm

Hi morep
Best to go 32mm all the way. Use standard 32mm waste pipe but don’t go for the cheapest.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:31 pm