Main Combi Eco Boiler Giving Error Code E168?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
carson321
Labourer
Labourer

Main Combi Eco Boiler Giving Error Code E168?

Post by carson321 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:32 am

Hi,

I have recently moved house and the boiler in my new home is giving me some grief. It is a Main Combi Eco boiler and I keep getting the error code E168 when the central heating tries to fire up. I do not know what any of the previous error codes were.

It has probably had it's power interrupted at some point previously with the fuse box being switched several times and having an electrician replace all the electrics in my kitchen. I have also had the heating system drained and refilled after having new rads fitted. Still receiving the code before and after these jobs.

It only seems to occur during a central heating demand. but not all the time. If i do get the error, if i try resetting while the central heating demand is still on (signal from thermostat and timer at right time period) the error pops up again. Occasionally, if the central heating is running fine and a hot water demand comes on, it can cause the error.

My most reliable way of getting around it is to turn my thermostat right down or my timer off so there is not CH demand, turn the boier off, run a hot tap and reset the boiler while the hot tap is running. This allows the boiler to fire up and then I can turn on my CH demand and turn off the hot tap and it runs fine.

The pressure in the system is in the green, but does dip when the boiler tried to fire for CH, there is also a slight gurgling sound from within the boiler when firing for CH.

Can anyone give me any insight in to what is the root cause of my woes?

Thanks in advance
Jonathan

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:00 am