Manual Wheel Diverter Valve for Controlling Hot Water Tank and Central Heating System
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MonsterMarsh
Labourer
Labourer

Manual Wheel Diverter Valve for Controlling Hot Water Tank and Central Heating System

by MonsterMarsh » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:16 am

Trying to work out a problem with my mothers old 70's central heating system. The valve for splitting the hot water and the radiator circuit is a red wheel manual valve. It was turned fully closed in the summer by a relative (so boiler heated only the water cylinder). My question is should it be opened fully for winter hot water and radiators, or somewhere in the middle, or do I need to get somebody in to test and balance the system? I've tried various positions when visiting but am being told either rads too hot, or water. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Manual Wheel Diverter Valve for Controlling Hot Water Tank and Central Heating System

by proptech » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:45 am

Hi MonsterMarsh

Without being on site, or having much more info about the system, it's not possible to say. I'm sure it would be very easy to sort out by trial and error if you lived there, and had the time.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:43 am