Marks on fire surround
DIY hints, tips and solutions to the removal and repair of marked and stained areas

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
john38
Labourer
Labourer

Marks on fire surround

by john38 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:47 am

I have just had a new fire surround installed. On close inspection, I noticed two small marks which are manufacturing faults. I pointed these marks out to one of the two installers. He more or less just shrugged his shoulders. As they are small marks I thought I could live with them. But when members of my family came to visit. They all noticed the two marks on the fireplace. I have been in touch with the shop concerned. And the installer is coming back next Friday. I would be pleased if you can give me your advice how to approach this problem.
Thank you very much.
John
Oap.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:51 pm

We would suggest that you get a letter from the installer to say that thye marks were there when he installed the fireplace John to show they were not done by you. It may be a very tricky one though as you have fitted the fireplace and possibly in the eyes of the law, because you knew the marks were there when you fitted it, you may have accepted the goods. How this affects your rights we don't know but having been fitted the fire is certainly "used" which may affect the manufaturers insurance. You would be well advised getting a mlegal opinion on this and not relying too heavily on opinions from a forum.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:33 pm