Messed Up My Shed Base When Extending
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
HeyMikeyPark
Labourer
Labourer

Messed Up My Shed Base When Extending

Post by HeyMikeyPark » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:39 pm

VERY VERY amateur DIYer here. I attempted to extend a slabbed area of our garden out further, which would then bear the majority of a 6x4 shed. The extended area is another 12 450mmx450mm slabs. Dug my area out, added my sub base and sharp sand and tampered that flat. Unfortunately, as I laid each slab, I have used enough concrete/mortar under each one, nor did I manage to get the slabs straight. What I’m left with is a hodgepodge of slabs, rather than the relatively flat surface I was hoping for my shed. My questions I have are:

How easy is it to/is it possible to /how do I get the slabs up now that the concrete has dried?
Were I able to get them up, would I have to completely redo my sub base layer as well, or could I just re-do the concrete layer and re-lay the slabs?

Thanks in advance

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Messed Up My Shed Base When Extending

Post by stoneyboy » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:17 pm

Hi heymikeypark
You will be able to lift the slabs leaving most of the sub-base in place. You will have to hack the bedding mix off the back of the slabs sufficient to relay them.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:24 am