DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Minimum 'material operation' required before consent expires

Postby rebecca adam » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:19 am

Does anyone know the absolute minimum that I need to do to secure planning consent before it expires? The Planning Act mentions digging part of a foundation trench - does this mean just digging the trench or do I have to get involved with filling it with concrete ass the Planning Act doesnt mention the concrete bit! Thanks :?:
rebecca adam
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:20 pm

Postby stoneyboy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:40 pm

rebecca adam,
You will need to dig enough of the foundation trench (and probably form the foundation) to justify the BI visiting site and recording that material works have been carried out. Whether you can split the work into stages will depend on the design - suggest you talk to your BI when he visits before work commences.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 5518
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Postby elwood » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:04 pm


Just do the foul connection or a storm soakaway.

Call the building inspector out to inspect and pass (NOT PLANNING)

you have officially started,consent forever.
Rank: Ganger
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:31 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics