Mira 415 mixer shower leading
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
myc
Labourer
Labourer

Mira 415 mixer shower leading

by myc » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:15 pm

My shower started leaking at the shower head recently and it's now progressed to the main shower control body, from between the control knob and the wall plate (I think). Can't work out how to take it apart, let alone what to do! It seems to get worse after I've used the taps in the kichen (the shower is linked to a combi boiler). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:33 pm

Is this the built in valve or the exposed valve?

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:48 pm

The plastic cover on the front face of the control knob can be removed and then undoing the revaled screw will enable the control knob to be removed.

Look at the exploded diagrams on page 42 et seq of:

"mirashowers.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/15297.pdf"

which shows how it all goes together. There are a couple or three seals - it sounds as though one of them needs replacing.

Contact Mira Customer Support - they may know exactly what this problem is from experience.

Cheers

myc
Labourer
Labourer

by myc » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:19 pm

Thanks, I'll have a look at it this weekend. Why didn't I think of contacting Mira...!? :wink:

[quote="rosebery"]The plastic cover on the front face of the control knob can be removed and then undoing the revaled screw will enable the control knob to be removed.

Look at the exploded diagrams on page 42 et seq of:

"mirashowers.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/15297.pdf"

which shows how it all goes together. There are a couple or three seals - it sounds as though one of them needs replacing.

Contact Mira Customer Support - they may know exactly what this problem is from experience.

Cheers[/quote]

myc
Labourer
Labourer

by myc » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:01 pm

It was the exposed valve and I've managed to remove everything till the adjustable temperature stop (just before the first seal, as per the diagram you mentioned) where the 4 screws holding the cover in place are impossible to unscrew. I've tried WD40 and in desperation used my drill in reverse (not a good idea!!) to try and free them but to no avail and I've now destroyed the groves of the screws and no screwdrivers seem to fit. At this stage what can I do? Can't use pliers as screws are surrounded by plastic rim of the cover? Is my only option is to replace the whole unit?

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:20 pm