Mira Advance Shower with pressure issue!
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
TotgUK
Labourer
Labourer

Mira Advance Shower with pressure issue!

by TotgUK » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:25 am

Hi and thank you for having this forum. Have book marked.

I'm the tenant of a council house. New shower installed 8 days ago. Have been told it's meant to be like that. If that's the case then so be it but... the old tap (push on, pull off) shower is ten times more powerful as it stands right now.

Let me describe what's causing me to worry (no manual left, so not sure what the model is, Mira Advance is all I have without opening it)

Reset shower using cord from square box on ceiling (on/off).

Set temp at 1 (cold). Press start button. Pressure acceptable, no travelodge but wasn't expecting that.

Turn temp up, any setting, pressure drops enough for me to think what's the point in having a shower. I mean a bucket with holes in it would be faster and harder. Plus little blue light goes to orange, think it's a solid orange, will check if asked.

Turning the temp dial back to 1 doesn't bring the pressure back.

So, do I except what the plumber (wasn't home when trades person came) said and just forget it or ask for someone from the office to come and have a look, or as more experienced DIY/trades
people, does it sound good to go.

Any ideas to what might be happening or not as the case might me?

Thanks for reading.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Mira Advance Shower with pressure issue!

by stoneyboy » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:02 pm

Hi totguk
In the first instance you must approach the installer and see if they can get the shower to work reasonably.
Failing this get hold of Mira and seek their advice.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:54 pm