mixer bath taps dripping
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ianbcr
Apprentice
Apprentice

mixer bath taps dripping

by ianbcr » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:29 pm

i have fitted chrome 1/4 turn mixer taps fitted to the bath which have now started to drip.i removed the H&C cap to reveal the screw holding the handles which i removed thinking it would be like a normal tap to replace the washer,but alas no,can some one tell me how they dismantle please.i have also been told that if it has a porceline washer it cannot be changed,not good when they are only 2yrs old.
cheers Ian. :evil:

ianbcr
Apprentice
Apprentice

by ianbcr » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:27 am

well i have fixed them so will share with you incase anybody has the same problem.ok first off i called the help line for the tap manufacturer,they were good enough to send me 2 new valves f.o.c. turn off the water supply to your taps. after taking off the 2 turn handles,pull out the push fit spline,my taps have a 2cm top on the body that has to come off,there is a 2.5mm allen key at the back that has to be loosened for this to come off.then with a 17mm socket undo the hot & cold valves the new ones just fit as reverse,word of warning,i could not undo the valves with just the socket how hard i tryed,luckily i own a battery impact driver which did the job.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:36 am