Mixer shower...
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
inch high
Tradesman
Tradesman

Mixer shower...

by inch high » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:15 pm

I currently decorating my bathroom and I am wondering whether to fit a mixer shower after seing them in B&Q today.

At the moment, I have one of those showers that you push onto the taps.

I have a combi-boiler (I think its high pressure - its in the kitchen so I assume if it was low pressure it would struggle to get the water out fast upstairs?).

Would it just be a case of running a couple of pipes off the current hot and cold taps onto the shower?

Thanks
Inchy

ukbill
Apprentice
Apprentice

by ukbill » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:02 am

you could fit a bath shower mixer i reckon thats the cheapest way

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:12 pm

Combi boilers are high pressure and a mixer shower should work great providing you have good mains water connection. These type of showers can be connected directly to the feeds under the bath.

inch high
Tradesman
Tradesman

by inch high » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:03 pm

[quote="plumbbob"]Combi boilers are high pressure and a mixer shower should work great providing you have good mains water connection. These type of showers can be connected directly to the feeds under the bath.[/quote]

Cheers Plumbbob

AdamsHeating
Ganger
Ganger

by AdamsHeating » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:16 pm

Quick answer: Yes.

If you are using a shower head that is loose, make sure you add double check valves in line on the pipe work to the shower somewhere to keep up to date with the current water regs regarding water contamination. If you are installing a rigid shower (one that is permanently fixed) then you don’t need to add the check valves.

Oh and for servicing convenience, I would suggest adding a couple of isolation valves under the bath to make servicing a bit easier.

All of those things will only cost a couple of quid.

Hope this helps,

AH.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:47 pm