All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
SimonBB
Labourer
Labourer

Mixer tap for shower with combi boiler question

by SimonBB » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:49 pm

I there,
I have a combi boiler and run our shower from a mixer tap on the bath. Recently the hot water flow rate in the shower has reduced significantly. The boiler man checked the boiler but said it was fine and said something about the problems with using mixer taps for showers when running off a combi boiler. He said that for some reason sometimes the mechanism within the mixer tap gets messed up and effects the flow rate. To be honest thois is the first I've heard about this but there you go.. and I'm not a plumber. Can anyone enlighten me as to what to do. Should I get a new tape, fix the exisiting one (if it can), have a power shower installed?
:shock:

eddie
Apprentice
Apprentice

by eddie » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:17 pm

I've a mira 415 thermostatic mixer tap in my shower and a simular thing occured, turns out it was a piston type component that stopped operating properly, this was easily changed. So if it is something within your tap what I'd be tempted to do is contact the manufacture and enquire if they've got a technical department and take it from there.

majhud
Labourer
Labourer

by majhud » Sat May 05, 2007 10:09 am

The pipe from mixer taps to the shower head occasionally gets twisted inside the metal spiral covering restricting the flow out from the shower head. Changing this should eliminate the problem. There are size pipes. Larger size will give much better flow - fittings/coupling for both size pipe are standard sizes, these can be bought from any plumbers shop.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:10 pm