Mixer Tap not working
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
AdZc1987
Labourer
Labourer

Mixer Tap not working

by AdZc1987 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:25 pm

Hi all, i wonder if anyone can offer any advice. I have a mixer tap in my bathroom for the sink (one spout, control for hot on the right and cold on the left) but for some reason whenever i turn the tap on, regardless of hot or cold, almost no water comes out, a very small stream of water is all that comes out.

A few people at my work have suggested washers within the tap but im not sure any advice?

Dave From Leeds
Ganger
Ganger

by Dave From Leeds » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:56 pm

Presumably the rest of the taps in the house are OK. Re. the problem one, it seems unlikely that both the hot and cold side tap washers would fail at the same time. If the tap has a small screw-in strainer at the outlet from the spout, remove this then try the tap. If flow is then OK, clean the strainer and replace it.

AdamsHeating
Ganger
Ganger

by AdamsHeating » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:30 pm

Hiya,

Are the taps the ones that are quarter turn or full turn? If full turn, it could be the washer or that it may need re-seating. If it is quarter turn (ceramic discs) then you may need to replace the tap, unless you can spare cartridges that match your taps.

regards

AH.

AdZc1987
Labourer
Labourer

by AdZc1987 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:19 pm

Sorry, yes the rest of the taps in the house are fine.

It sounds like i will need to replace the tap, they are ceramic taps, you cannot move the spout and it is a quarter turn controls, i cannot see any screws to remove the strainer.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:33 am