DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Modifying kitchen Unit to Wedge Shape (plan view)

Postby Di Ai Wei » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:56 pm

I have a 4 foot wide kitchen unit, with cupboards and drawers, which I need to remove in order to damp treat the wall behind it. The kitchen walls are nothing like parallel and floorspace here is limited. (The kitchen is L shaped.) I have it in mind to modify the unit before reinstatement so its front will be parallel to the opposite wall – it would then project from the wall behind it let’s say two feet at one side of the unit tapering to one foot at the other side. This would involve cutting away a wedge section of the worktop (at the rear) and similarly modifying the drawers. Any ideas on how best to do this?
Di Ai Wei
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 pm


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby welsh brickie » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:48 am

mark the position of the unit on the floor, cut a template out of cardboard or ply and cut it to size then use it to mark the cupboard
welsh brickie
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics