Monobloc tap - drop in water pressure
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jjsandall
Labourer
Labourer

Monobloc tap - drop in water pressure

by jjsandall » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:01 am

Around six months ago when refurbishing our en suite shower room, I installed a new counter-top sink and a relatively cheap monobloc tap similar to this one Google "ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-MODERN-WASH-BASIN-TALL-TAP-CHROME-T004-SALE-/180604225536?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Bathroom_Taps_PP&hash=item2a0cd9c800#ht_2194wt_982"
The cold water flow was strong, but the hot was quite week. After looking up the problem on the web I realised it was probably because the tap is not really ideal for my system and the water was not under enough pressure to function correctly (obvious with hindsight!). However, it was bearable. But recently the hot water flow has stopped completely and the cold (which was very good) has dropped to a trickle. It's now almost unusable and very frustrating. The toilet is fed off the same length of pipe and still functions perfectly which makes me think the tap is the only source of the problem. Is there anything I can do to try and rectify the problem? Or should I give up and try a new tap? Any help greatly appreciated![/url]

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:46 pm

jjsandall,
Many taps these days have non return valves fitted in the connectors. If your tap had these remove them and flow should return to better than before.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:09 pm