DIY Doctor

Monobloc Tap Fitting.

Postby JohnAli » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:10 pm

Can I put compression joints on MonoBloc tails then connect feeds using flexi pipes with tap connector ends screwed directly on to compression joints? Or would I need to buy Flexi Pipe with compression joint at each end? Thanks,any info much appreciated.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:01 pm


Simply Build It

Postby Barry Bunsen » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:29 pm

I think officially you should use 1/2 inch female connectors soldered to the pipework to make the connections. However I have used isolating valves directly onto the monobloc tap connectors and then flexible tap connectors linking the isolating valves to the pipework. The problem could be that the rims of the isolators are too sharp for the washers in the tap connectors. However they wont be subject to any movement so if they are not overtightened and dont leak from the start I cant envisage any problems. Maybe wait a couple of days in case someone corrects me!Cheers
Barry Bunsen
Rank: Ganger
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:23 am

Postby rosebery » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:26 pm

Chuck the copper monobloc tails away - the copper is drawn out much too thin to take compression fittings properly. Use flexis with 8mm (or whatever depending on your tap) monobloc connectors on the one end direct into the monobloc and the other end to your iso valves.

Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:55 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics