DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Monobloc Tap Replacement and Removing Screw to Remove Tap?

Postby TomTomTom » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:09 pm

I'm trying to replace a monobloc mixer tap in my kitchen but having some issues.

I've added a picture of the underside of the tap. There seems to be a screw next to the 2 flexible pipes and a nut that's on the threaded outside of the fitting. Would I be right in assuming I need to undo/remove the nut from the outside to remove this tap? And if that's right can anyone recommend what tool I'd be able to use to do it as there's very limited space I doubt a spanner or adjustable wrench would fit. The nut much be over an inch across too.

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:02 am


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:57 pm

Hi TomTomTom,
You will need to remove the flexibles so you can use a box or socket spanner.
If you are lucky they will unscrew but note that some taps have flexibles with right and left handed threads.
Regards, stoneyboy
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 5327
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics