Monoblock Tap
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sebastian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Monoblock Tap

Post by sebastian » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:14 am

I have just fitted a new monobolck mixer tap on our kitchen sink. However water is seeping under the bottom of it when the water runs off the sink. All washers are in place and I have tightened the horseshoe shape bracket and gasket up underneath the tap as tight as i can but this makes no difference. Is it possible to overtighten this ? or have i missed a stage?

s04786
Labourer
Labourer

Post by s04786 » Sun May 13, 2007 10:13 am

I have a similiar problem. On tightening up the monobloc tap on my stainless steel sink, it has a tight fit at the front but at the back there is still a gap. My fitting came with a plastic bracket, should I have used this to provide additional support underneath for the horseshoe braket?

Arnak
Tradesman
Tradesman

Leaking tap

Post by Arnak » Sun May 13, 2007 11:55 am

Hi,

I assume that you have put the washer between the tap and the sink?

Also that there isn't a gap between the tap and the sink, those holes can be a little on the large side and misalignment can leave a gap.

If all else fails put some boss white jointing on the washer.

A thought occurs to me, why is the water getting to the base of the tap?

Is there a part missing from the spout of the tap, possibly a part with small holes in that fits into the spout?

There may not be one on that type of tap but you should check.

Arnak

sebastian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sebastian » Mon May 14, 2007 6:46 am

Hi,

The tap I bought for the sink sat inside a decorative stainless steel ring, which inturn had a washer within it to stop water getting under the tap.

After about 2 hours of removing and refitting the ring and bracket with no success, I finally realised that the water was getting between the base of the tap and the inside of this stainless steel ring and not via the horseshoe bracket and washer. I used some clear sealant to seal between the tap and ring and have had no problems since.

sebastian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sebastian » Mon May 14, 2007 8:44 am

Thanks for your advice.

I had bought a tap which came with a decorative stainless steel ring. The ring contained a washer to stop water running under it and the tap section sat inside this ringand was then tightened to the sink with the horseshoe washer.

After alot of messing I discovered that the water was actually splash water, that was getting in the very small gap between the tap block and this decorative ring. I used some clear sealent to fill the gap and have had no problem since.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:40 am